CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Pizza Rolls: Redux. trust me.

So even though I really enjoyed my pizza rolls, I found myself longing for more flavor. The other night I was craving pizza, which meant, of course, that I would be making pizza rolls. But how could I make them Better?

First, this time I added two pepperonis, both topped with cheese. Then I experimented a little...
I put pepper, oregano, parsley, paprika, garlic and pepperocino mix, and sea salt into a cup and tried to mix them with water. First off, that didn't work so well. all the red went to the bottom and all the green went to the top. Then I tried to brush some of the mix onto one of my rolls. Now please note, I am not a pizza dough extradonaire. This is only my second time using it. It turns out, pizza dough doesn't like water too much. It gets really wet and hard to work with. This became my monster, my Frankenstein. Since it was going to hell, I cooked it anyway. And then I ate it! Unlike the real Dr. Frankenstein, I triumphed. I ate it. It's dead. It was delicious, even if it wasn't pretty.
I digress.
So with the others, I nixed the water. I just poured little bits of the spices onto each one. then I rolled them much more firmly (I also used less pizza dough per roll) and baked them at 375 for about 10 minutes. Mmmm, delicious.




Can you guess which one was the mess up?

0 comments:

Post a Comment