CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Dinner of Champions

I don't know about your childhood, but Kim and I were always pleased to eat breakfast for dinner. So now it's become a nice tradition for Kim and Stace. They went out of town to Orlando this weekend, and I decided to be ready to make them a Dinner of Champions when they got home.

Sausage, Biscuits and Gravy, and Scrambled Eggs
Oh, and Homemade Chocolate Milk

What You'll Need:


For Sausage and Biscuits and Gravy:

1 lb. Whatever sort of sausage you prefer - our's is a pan venison sausage, because our dad is THE MAN and keeps us well stocked
Breakfast Biscuits -I used Pillsbury... I don't know how to make my own yet :(
4-5 tbsp. flour
4 cups water with beef buillion (I prefer Knorr brand.)
S&P

Now biscuits and gravy is, to my mind, a Southern Staple. Imagine my shock when I learned Kim had never had it! And she married into one of the most Southernest families around!

Instruzioni

Place your formed sausage in a warm pan and cook thoroughly! (No pink inside pork, that's what Momma always said.) Remove to a plate covered in paper towels.

Cook your biscuits according to the instruzioni of the packaging or, if you're making them homemade, according to your own instruzione.

Now, what seems to be the trend here in making gravy is that you'll have a lot of grease left over from making meat and you'll only need to keep 2-3 tbsp. for gravy-making. If you are so fortunate, do so. If, however, you seem to be incapable of getting even one tbsp. of cooking grease (i.e. ... you're me) that's fine! It seems healthier and it still tastes awesome! So just leave what you have in the pan. Add a tbsp. of flour and mix what you've got. Then slowly begin to add your water and bouillion. Stir with a whisk as you go. Bring to a simmer and allow gravy to thicken. Add salt and pepper! Mmmm.

Scrambled Eggs:

Kim just quickly made up some scrambled eggs and added in Monterey Jack with peppers cheese, because we were out of cheddar. She said she it was weird, but Stace loved it. I don't eat eggs outside of cookies or sauces, so... I have no opinion.

Homemade Chocolate Milk:


I got this from Ree Dumond, the Pioneer Woman. Man I love her.

Heat one cup of heavy whipping cream on med-high heat until bubbly (just a bit.) Then stir in your chocolate! 4 ounces of whatever you like - I used milk chocolate chips, cause they were what we had. Mix together so it is nice and smooth. Store it in a free container (I used a root beer mug cause the Mason jar was unavailable) and store in fridge til you're ready. When ready, pour in maybe a tbsp. of the mix into a glass, then pour in milk and stir. Mmmm, delicious!


Dinner of Champions... and Kim

0 comments:

Post a Comment