CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 18, 2010

I've been very bad

About updating this. I meant to, a couple times, but something got in the way. I'll be better! I'm trying to be more productive with my days. Like running every day, to work off all the food I eat haha.

Sooooo in my past I have not exactly been known for my excellent eating. Time changed that. Italy too. So when I was younger (insert, when I was younger by 5 months) I LOVED Totino's Pizza Rolls. Small, greasy, little nice bits of spice! mmmm...
wait...
oh right, never mind.

You know what is delicious?


Homemade Pizza Rolls



First, start out by making your own dough.

Pizza Dough

1 packet of active yeast
1/2 cup warm water
1 1/4 cup room temperature water
2 tbsp. olive oil (I used extra virgin light, because it was what was on hand - but it made these even healthier)
4.5 cups all-purpose flour, plus more as needed
1 1/2 tsp salt
olive oil for greasing the bowl

Take the 1/2 cup of warm water and add the instant yeast. The recipe I used said to let stand and dissolve for about 5 minutes, but I eventually had to stir, because the yeast would not dissolve. When the yeast is dissolved, add in the room temperature water and oil and stir to combine.

Place the flour and salt in a bowl. Now, I used my hand, but you can use a hand mixer or mixing stand. This is preetty sticky.
Add the liquid yeast mixture slowly, stopping to mix entirely before adding more. Knead the dough until it is an elastic mass - if you use you're hands, it's going to be lumpy. Shape it into a lump that resembles a ball and place the dough in a deep well oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let it hang out for about an hour, hour and a half. When it's risen to be twice what it once was, it's done!


Now


Pizza Rolls

I made 12 medium sized pizza rolls with my dough. So you'll have plenty leftover, if you want to make a pizza, or just bake it and eat the yummy dough another day.

You'll Need
Dough
Mozzarella (for my 12 slices, I needed about 20 cubes)
Pepperoni slices

Preheat your oven to 450F.
Take your fresh made dough and make roughly circle shapes on a well oiled baking pan. Place a slice of pepperoni on the dough and top with a cube of mozzarella. Pull the dough up over them and pinch them together at the top. Then turn them upside down so that the seam of the roll is flat on the baking sheet. Cook for about 20 minutes, when the tops are lightly golden.
When you take them out of the oven, drizzle a little oil on top. Then put salt and whatever seasonings you want on top of that (I just used oregano.)
They're delicious on their own! But if you want to use a marinara, go for it. I think next time I'm going to try and see how putting tomato sauce inside the rolls works out.

Over and Out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment